SECTION A - BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Please provide some information about yourself and your company
Your position in the company:
SECTION B – TOPICS OF RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION (RDI) PROJECTS
K4F project will develop a project-based training program by organizing stages for virtual internship with students enrolled in Higher Education. The program is focused on research, development and innovation for the footwear sector. Please evaluate the importance of the following topics according with the needs for innovation identified in your companies.
1. Opportunities of 3D printing in footwear (such as: design optimisation; design by local and small brands; re-design and personalisation)
2. From eco-friendly to eco-intelligent footwear (such as: eco-design and environmental technologies as a competitive advantage; How to minimise waste or emissions in footwear manufacturing, Biodegradable shoes , recycling, up-cycling and re-using)
3. When comfort is a fashion statement (focused on high-heeled shoes & comfort, art and inspirational design)
4. Integrated innovation in insole design (the same insole to integrating several systems, such as: heating, shock absorbing, pain relief etc.)
5. Healthy shoes for the family (such as: adjustable shoes for kids, shoes for children with tracking system, footwear for pregnant women....)
6. Therapeutic massaging footwear systems (Shoes with materials and components that massage feet during movement for therapeutic purposes)
7. Applying bio-inspiration and bio-mimetic design to the development of the footwear concept (such as: chameleon shoes; smart shoes that change colour; shoes that grow)
8. Optimum design for a multipurpose shoe (shoes with detachable soles, heels or platforms; uppers and bottoms can be interchanged to have the right shoe for each activity- travel, walk, sport etc.)
9. ALL in ONE (interchangeable uppers to get several models or construction types, the same shoe to be adapted for various activities, on different walking surfaces, etc.)
10. Smart Shoes by integrating wearable technology (sensors to track users activity, to detect fatigue or stress, to prevent fail and injury in elderly, to provide heating inside the shoe, to use walking energy for charging personal devices, etc.)
11. Personalised shoes for ageing consumers (focused on comfort in relation with various healthy issues of the ageing population)
12. Shoes for a zero waste lifestyle (such as : methods for improve quality and minimize costs in footwear industry, zero waste footwear design)
13. Digital value creation in footwear industry (such as: how brands will look like in 2050?, fashion and digitalization, footwear company in digital era, digital and social media marketing, etc.)
14. Fast fashion versus sustainable fashion (focused on supply chain management, sustainability and business models in footwear industry) Combining 3D technology with traditional hand-craftsmanship for footwear manufacturing)
SECTION C – KNOWLEDGE 4 FOOTWEAR PROJECT
The Knowledge Platform for Footwear Manufacturing facilitates the collaboration towards innovation and technological transfer among universities, companies and research centres.
Is your company interested in becoming part of this Knowledge Community?
If yes, please indicate your interests among the following areas: